It took me a while to take after pictures of the house, partly because I wanted to wait to have more done, but I decided to show what we have done and I'll wait on what is still to be completed.
Before
After
I love the dark floor! It made all the difference in the world, and makes this house look so much larger than it did when we bought it!
Before (this is the best picture I took of just the front room)
After
I still have a lot I want to do with this room, but I'm slowly making purchases. We lived in a tiny two bedroom basement apartment before we bought this house, we just don't have enough stuff to fill up the empty spaces of this home :)
Before
After
Our kitchen in all it's renovated glory! I need to finish the bottom cupboards, but I didn't want to use lacquer while I was pregnant, I'm going to darken up the bottom cupboards and put some bead-board on the dining side of the sink counter. Thanks to Deryk's old job as a salesman and technician at an appliance store, we were able to put in some beautiful new appliances for very little money! I'm gonna have to say, I'm so grateful he worked there, though I know he disliked it quite a bit!
Dinning area before
After
Our first large purchase was to buy a dinning table. It feels so good to eat at a table large enough to sit around and put the food on at the same time!
This room was originally the guest room/soon-to-be-baby's room, but Seth and Grace decided they didn't like sleeping in their own rooms and wanted to sleep closer to us, so they will sleep here until the baby comes.
And I almost forgot to post a picture of the little make-over our front door got.
Just a little pop of color. Makes me happy to come home to it!
Soon (very soon!) after we bought the house, we got the happy news that I was expecting a baby! We put a few projects on hold, such as finishing the kitchen cupboards, painting and tiling the bathroom upstairs, tiling the laundry room and basement bathroom, and a few other small projects. I will post pictures of the basement (and possibly the master bedroom, which is still in the middle of a little project) in the next post.
I feel so blessed to have our own home again! To have the opportunity to work along side Deryk as we improve it and make it our own. It is so fun to dream together of all the home improvement projects we have in mind. This is what we love to do together, it's nice to be doing what we love again!
Friday, December 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment