Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Time

Christmas Time is so fun and exciting with two young children! I have always loved the Christmas season, but I have really grown to love it even more (which I didn't think was possible) with children in the home! This is our Christmas time remembered:
We went to see Santa and his Reindeer at the "All I Want For Christmas Expo"

 I had to talk Seth into sitting on his lap, but Santa said the magic word for Seth, CANDY.


 Grace and Seth made cookies with Mrs. Clause (also at the expo)

 Deryk and I gave each other an early Christmas present, Piano Guys in concert. It was a great show!
 Gingerbread tree making. Much easier than making gingerbread houses.



 Christmas Eve:
 Christmas Oranges and the Nativity story, always a tradition.
 Santa came!

 Christmas Morning:
 Santa Clause always gets a special letter on the plate from Grace and Seth and he always writes back too!
 checking out the gifts before the unwrapping frenzy begins!

 Seth got his Jake and the Neverland Pirates remote control car from Santa!
 Grace got Doc McStuffins and Dr. Set from Santa!
 I made these capes for them! Seth wanted a Super Why costume, so I made capes for each of them. Grace is Super Star, but it is double sided so she can also be a fairy princess.
 Deryk made these fun knee scooters for the kids. (We really like to do homemade presents from us)
And Seth zonked out, just another Christmas tradition.

We had a fun filled Christmas season! The best part was having Deryk home with me for two whole weeks for Christmas break! I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present than having time off together as a family! It has been super fun!

No comments: