Thursday, February 24, 2011

"The Express Likeness of His Father"


The night before Seth was born (I was induced), Deryk and I still hadn't decided on a name for our little guy. We had quite a few names that we really liked, but we just hadn't felt any of them were really right (though I really wanted one or two of them, I just couldn't settle on them) So anyway, here we were trying to come up with a name, and I decided to look up a few in the bible dictionary. I had mentioned Seth before, but it wasn't in the top ten of names. But I looked it up in the bible dictionary anyway and this is what it says...


Seth 

Seth. Son of Adam and Eve, born in the 130th year of Adam’s life in mortality (Luke 3:38Moses 6:1–36:9–11). A prophet and patriarch, he was ordained by Adam at the age of 69 years. He is called “a perfect man, and his likeness was the express likeness of his father, insomuch that he seemed to like unto his father in all things” (D&C 107:42–43). The record says he lived 912 years (Gen. 5:8Moses 6:16).8
I liked the part about his likeness being the express likeness of his father, insomuch that he seemed like unto his father in all things. I felt that if I was going to have a boy I want him to be just like his father in looks and personality. When Seth finally arrived the next day we still weren't sure what to name him. A few hours later we thought we better get serious about choosing a name. The truth is, I couldn't even remember some of the other names we had liked and talked about earlier. Seth was the only name that came to my mind. I tried hard to think of the others, but they just wouldn't come to me.  Seth just seemed the right name.

Well, although I'm not sure who Seth is more like in personality, I do know he is almost the picture of his father. The only difference is the eyes. (he got my big blue...to bad too, cause I was hoping to see Deryk's beautiful green/hazel eyes on this little guy. oh well, he's still as adorable as ever). It seems the name was very appropriate. Check out Deryk and little Deryk!


AND now little Deryk has figure out how to climb and cruise the couch and anything else his height. He's been at this for almost a month now, and it scares me, he's had a few tumbles. I wish he would slow down!



He's so proud of himself!

4 comments:

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

He is soooo dang CUTE!! Love you ALL!

jeffandbecca said...

wow! He is super cute, love that big grin. He is going to be walking soon, no stopping him. Alyssa just started pulling herself up to stuff...now life gets exciting!

Karen said...

You still need to come get your car from us. Seth needs it now. =)

I am pretty much home when you get of work every day. Please just stop by or call me.

Sue said...

Awe...this post is precious!!!!! Sure do love these guys!!! They are so lucky to have such a great mommy and wife!!!!!!