Thursday, February 17, 2011

V-Day Come and Gone!

Who can believe it is already nearing the end of February? For REAL!! Time is not just flying, it is jetting by! I think the best news I've had lately is that Puxatauny Phil didn't see his shadow, so an early spring is in the forecast! Bring it on! And we have had GREAT weather lately too. It got to 60 degrees one day! (then it snowed, but it is supposed to get real nice again soon, so I'm okay with the short-lived snow fall.

Anyway, this is our Valentines day fun...
Our tradition is to have a yummy candle-light dinner for the fam. I didn't go all out this year like I have in years past, we have busy Mondays, the fact that I made dinner was surprising in and of itself!
Salad, chicken and spinach pizza (made for the first time by me, I made it kind of dry, but it tasted even better for left overs the next day), and  chocolate lava cakes for desert...DELISH! And of course, we always open a bottle of sparkling cider, always my favorite treat!

(can't figure out what Grace's face is all about in this picture)

Desert! 

 Gracie was done-up V-day style with all the cute hearts. She loved her V-day present! (60% off at Shopko, I paid 4 dollars for it...good deal, right? Seth got a cute little sock monkey, he made out with it. Seriously, wouldn't stop kissing it. I already have to wash it. Unfortunately he fell asleep before I got a picture of him with his new love!

Deryk got me flowers and some jewelery. Can't go wrong with that!
It was a nice night, enjoying the people I love most and that is what it's really all about!
Hope you all had a great V-day as well and here's to a happy early spring to all of you!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Cute post! Love Gracie's expressions!!