Okay, that is not entirely true in this house. Grace doesn't seem to care that Momma ain't happy!
Last Thursday I was happily looking through inventory in my beloved art supply closet at work (this closet puts the walk in closet to shame!) As I was moving boxes, determined to find more white drawing paper, I twisted my darn weak back! I made it to the time clock, my car, picked up Seth and Grace, and into the house before I completely doubled over in pain. Since then, I have made it to Instacare, the pharmacy, and one day of work, and lets not forget the bathroom and kitchen once in a while. The couch and I are almost inseperable...if it weren't for my little ones, I would never leave it or endure the pain of movement. My poor kiddos! Let's just say, I do what I can, but I am in no way entertaining! Thankfully, Grace is pretty good at finding things to do and Seth happily follows her around waiting to watch her next ambitious, totally crazy move.
Today, Grace brought all her dollies out and put each of them carefully on the couch. She kissed them one by one and told them they would be okay. I asked her what was wrong with her babies? Her answer, their backs are hurting. She also claims every night before bed or while she is trying to get out of her chore of cleaning her toys up, that her back is too tired and hurts! Someone is very observant! She has learned that I do very little lately because of my back, she already knows how to use a good and reliable excuse! Smarty pants, that one is!
I'm so grateful she keeps herself busy so well and gets into very little trouble. (Though the story is different when daddy comes home and I go to bed early, I can't even describe the mess I woke up too.)
Books have been our greatest help the past week. Grace reads them to her dolls and Seth. They keep her busy, right in front of me, and out of trouble. I love Books!
By-the-way, I was so disappointed with that doll when I made it for her for Christmas, I think it is so not cute , but Grace loves Maggie. She sleeps, dances, cuddles, and reads books with her. So funny that she likes it so much more than I thought she would.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh I am so sorry about your back. I have had problems in the past and it is so miserable. Wish I lived close and could entertain those beautiful children.
Sorry to hear about your back. Love the pictures of Gracie. She cracks me up!
Post a Comment