Friday, May 28, 2010

Willow Park Mommy-Daughter Outing

A month or so ago Deryk's parents introduced us to this fun park here in Logan. It has a small zoo and a fun play area. I've been waiting for a warm day to take Gracie back in hopes that the monkeys would be out (it was too cold for them to be out the day we went with Deryk's parents). This morning was the perfect day to get out and have a little mommy-daughter outing...the first of many more we'll be taking this summer!! I love being at home with Gracie!!
Gracie thought this little turtle was absolutely fascinating! I was surprised she even noticed it, it rarely moved!
The swans intrigued and scared Gracie, every time they would honk she ran away and then came right back to stare at them.
The tortoises were not visited once, not twice, not even three times!!! Grace returned to see those tortoises 4 times and each time we stopped, we stayed there for five minutes each! She loved watching them crawl around and eat the grass...her excitement was almost to much for her!
Another visit to the tortoises!

We had a lot of fun! We were there for a little over an hour and it started to rain. If it hadn't rained we would probably have stayed there another hour! We'll go back soon. Gracie loves animals and I love watching her run (literally run...walking just didn't get her to the next cage fast enough) from one cage to another to meet the next new animal!
O ya, the monkeys were out...and she adored them, I got a video of her excitement in seeing them, but I can't get it to upload...maybe next time!

No comments: