Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh Ya, It's The New Year!

Happy New Year to all our friends and family! We hope you all have a happy and adventurous 2009!

We had so much fun ringing in this New Year. We spent our New Years Eve and Twelve o'clock hour with Deryk's family. Boy was it a good time! We had a very delicious fondue party - yum, yum! and we visited and played games. Just a nice way to begin 2009!


So here we are, 6 days into the new year, and I finally decided on what my New Year's resolution(s) would be. This year I want to learn about all the ways we can be more frugal and save some money. You know, actually put some money in the savings account rather than take from it. I would also like to have a more organized home. It's so small and can easily get messy and cluttered, if I can just manage to be more organized I wouldn't have to be picking up the huge messes we make trying to find what we know we have, but can't find! O ya, and I'm going to get to the laundry more often than I do to avoid the mounds of laundry overflowing from our laundry baskets!

So here's to 2009 and the hope that I actually work on and obtain the hopes and wishes of this year--and I wish the same to all of you!


And here is a shout out to Grace's Grandpa Barrett. I told you I would post it--this is the earliest I could get to it....


and this one of Grandma Barrett because I really like it, the dress is adorable, given to Grace by this very Grandma. Thanks Sue for all you do!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy New Year to the Barretts! I beat Grandpa Joe. He hasn't seen this blog yet. We'll see how long before he finds it. Love the pictures. I usually hate my picture taken, but now some of my favorite pictures are the ones with me and my grandbabies. Keep up the good work. Good luck with your New Year Resolutions. Mine are similar to yours. Especially the organization of things.

Wendy Hegerhorst said...

I love your resolutions. Can I borrow them. I needed to do the same things. I didn't even make any, I am so good at breaking them. Grace looks like her Grandparents love her as much as we love our Gracie what lucky girls.

gail said...

Happy New Year!

great goals. i would love to share with you anything i've learned about living frugally if it will help. if you want to email me we can chat.

Jason and Arwen said...

Cute pictures. I love to see the photos of Grace with her new toys.