Hot Dog Night!!!
Yep, that's right, Hot Dog Night! For as long as I can remember our family always had hot dogs on mom and dad's date night. So naturally, Friday or Saturday night comes around and I find myself craving the salty taste of a hot dog. So tonight i sucumbed to the crave and made pigs in a blanket with sauteed onions wrapped up in with the hot dog--m, mm, mmm! So this is a shout out to my siblings, i miss enjoying hot dogs with you (boiled, grilled, burnt crisp over an open fire, spread thick on sandwich, layered with mashed potatoes and chees, diced in Macaroni and Cheese/pork 'n beans, or shaped as octupus smothered in ketchup!), somehow Deryk (and I know most of the in-laws) just doesn't understand the addiction or the crazy infatuated relationship this family has with the hot dog!
Hope you all Enjoy your Saturday Night and long weekend, thank goodness for federal holidays!!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Thanks....now I want hot dogs!!! I don't care what Deryk says, I think it is a great tradition that you should keep going!
Rock on!! I was just thinking the other day about how old we were when we were taught how to cook hot dogs (which occured yelling through mom and dad's beddroom door on a Friday or Saturday night while mom was in her room getting ready for a date with dad) I still totally love them as well! :)
How I love a good Hot dog, You forgot to list hotdogs in scrambled eggs, that was one of my favorites. We should have a party and cook hotdogs in our favorite way from our childhood.
haha Jo! I love it, and I totally understand...not the hot dog thing, but the craving childhood memories thing.
Jo, Jo, you make me laugh! I always thought hotdogs looked good, but all it took for me was to watch how they make them. Wow! I really should watch how they make chocolate. Maybe that would cure me! haha
Keep the tradition going.
too funny! glad you enjoyed your hotdogs. pigs n a blanket were one of my favs growing up.
Ha Ha sorry jo! But cheer up. I'll have to say that you tied with the other girl, so I'll be sending you a craft too, but you have to post the "pay if forward" post. I'm so excited about it.
I guess I feel the same sentiments about Totino's pizza. That's what we would have when my parents when out on friday nights. By the way, I don't hate Idaho, I just don't have any family here, and I'm in an undone home and it's cold.
Love ya,
Lindy
Post a Comment