So a few months ago my nephew Trevor asked me if I would run in the Ogden Marathon with him--and no, not the actual marathon, I would rather be hung upside down by toes and have wild raccoons tear at my eyes than run 26 miles (that's a "I would rather" statement just for my bro-in-law Chris--hope it was up to your amazing standard!). He asked me to run the 5k with him, which I used to be able to do before I got married and stopped working out. Well, now that times have changed (as well as my body), I slowed down a bit, had a baby, and sat around a lot more than I used to, so I'm soooo out of shape. So I took the challange, tho not seriously at the time.
Well anyway, this post is to tell Trev, that it is totally on!! I'm on my way to becoming the best running partner you've ever had! I'm telling ya, I'm going to run it in 30min., okay maybe 45min...well, maybe somewhere between a half-hour and an hour (though closer to an hour). Actually my goal is 25min...we'll see. Right now it's not looking good. So get your game on Trevy, cause mine is totally on and I'll see you at the starting line....and the finish line!
(love ya Trev, thanks for the push I needed to get my big 'ol booty moving again!)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good luck Jo! And, congratulations on your motivation!! I am totally there for support if you need it!!!!
Woo Hoo Jo! You are going to be AWESOME - and Trev will have a ton of fun running with you. I want to come and watch you guys, that would be fun.
And by the way - thanks for the nice comment on our blog. I am glad at least someone was able to keep their lunch down while they were being subjected to such a traumatic experience (the view...)! And thanks for your help with the kids that night as well.
Trev says, "It's on like Donkey Kong, I am going to do it in 10 minutes so you had beter grow some wings. Thanks for running with me, Love you, Jo"
Post a Comment