Sunday, January 11, 2009

Best Christmas Present Ever!

So, did I already tell you that Deryk decided he would make me a bed for Christmas? He did! And he finished it yesterday, he needed a little of my help in deciding how to paint it and what colors to use. So he designed the bed, did the carpentry, and such, and I painted, sanded, and put some finish on it. I have to say we make a great team!! It turned out beautiful and he even built it so that it is taller so we can put storage under the bed So take a look, I think it is probably one of the best gifts I've been given...(though I was the only child at home for a while so I had some pretty darn good presents then, so it's tight!!:) ) Thanks Deryk for the beautiful present, I absolutely love it!

(Hey Becca, check out the small pillow-I still have it, after all those years!)

7 comments:

gail said...

very nice! sounds like you guys have a good future ahead being a team like that together.

Jason and Arwen said...

Good job Deryk. The bed looks great. I can't believe Deryk is ok with a pink blanket.

The Horton Family said...

The bed looks great! Nice job Derek! When can you help me with ours? :)
Good luck in school this semester guys! Glad to finally be helping you out with Gracie!

Jeff said...

atta boy! love it - nice job both of you

Lin said...

Nice job, Deryk!! I love the bed and the finish you did looks great also. Hey Jo, come by and see me at work. Berni & I are working Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Are you going to be working for Rebecca again?

jeffandbecca said...

I can't believe you still have that pillow! And it is still in one piece - Wow! Guess what we have on our bed....sheets hand embroided by the one and only Jo! We both keep each other close as we sleep:)
Awesome bed Deryk, that is a neat present. Handmade things are always better than storebought. Way to go. Sorry we missed you at New years. Hopefully next time.

Sue said...

I have seen this bed with my very own eyes and it looks awesome. You guys did good work. You may have to show another picture of the headboard with "BARRETT" spelled out. It is going to look so cool. I especially love the storage underneath.