Sunday, January 5, 2014

Missing Posts From the Summer of 2013

We went to Boise in June 2013. Deryk had to go to a training and we decided to take advantage of a free trip (well, mostly free).
 We went to the Boise Temple, but the grounds were closed for repairs and up-keep. But we took pictures anyway.

 Grandma Sue came with us. I love this picture of Deryk and his mom.Precious!


While we were in Boise we went to The Children's Discovery Center. The kids played and explored here for hours!




















We also went to a fun water park, The Boise Zoo, and shopping at the discount stores. Thanks to my cousin Aliesha for all the fun suggestions, we had a great time while Deryk sat in a classroom for three days. He will have to go again next summer, I think we will tag along again.

One of our favorite places in Smithfield is Mac Park! We spent a lot of summer evenings here. Sometimes we would roast hot dogs and marshmallows, sometimes we would just go to walk, sometimes we would go to play in the little stream that passed through the park, and sometimes we would go for the movie in the park on Saturday nights (this was our all time favorite activity!).








I wish some of the pictures turned out better. Spending evenings at Mac Park was seriously one of our favorite activities, I just had to post some of the memories we made there. It makes me long for summer to look at these pictures.

Summer flowers picked by little boy hands is just another reason I love the summer months so much!
We had a fun sleep over with Miriam, Porter and Eva. We love having family come and play with us!!

Grace was zonked out! We always play hard when we have family to entertain!

One of the saddest moments of our summer was having to say goodbye to the Bland family! Laura was the worlds best baby sitter! And her teen age children treated my children like they were brothers and sisters. My children adored each of them!! They still talk about them often. We couldn't have been more blessed to have such an amazing family part of our lives! What great examples they set for each of my children. We miss you Laura and the rest of the Bland family!

Before we left, we had the chance to get together with the Blands for Family Home Evening and a friendly match of Croquet.


 See!  You can see just how caring she is!
Stephanie and Grace, isn't she so beautiful? She has  a sweet personality to match.

That about wraps up the missing posts from our summer of 2013. I think I've finally caught up on our summer posts! It only took me 8 months to post all of them! Jeesh! I'm bad at keeping a family journal!

No comments: