Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Life On and Off the Sub List

Well, it wasn't a very long run on the list, but it was a beneficial run. I started this school year as a substitute teacher. I absolutely loved it! I mostly subbed for teachers from Sunrise, but soon I began to build my regulars and found a few schools that I looked forward to teaching in. I loved being able to pick and choose when I worked and where, I loved the freedom of determining my own schedule, but at last, my life on the sub list came to an end.
In December a job posting came up on the Cache County school district web site. It was a job I could not resist. The Art Specialist. A part-time, Monday - Thursday gig that would be loads and loads of fun. I applied. I interviewed. I prayed a ton about it. I was offered the job!! I was thrilled to accept.
So, now I have a new life on a different list, the faculty and staff of Birch Creek Elementary in Smithfield, Utah list. We are doing some fun projects that I will happily share in my next post. My goal is to be creative and fresh, teach the same old art with new and fun ideas.
I sure am lucky to wake up 4 days of the week, excited to get to work!

More to come....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great opportunity! Congratulations!