I have been the art teacher at Birch Creek for three school weeks now and I am loving it! I thought it would be fun to show you around my classroom. I am still working on it, but I'll show you anyway,
My Favorite part! My name right outside the door...I feel so official!
It is such a beautiful big class! Can you see the little snowmen families the kids have been working on? I've been putting them up (pretty slowly) as the kids finish them.
Birch Creek's mascot it the bulldog, so It's all about them in this classroom. Each table is a colored bulldog and they work together to earn their dog bones each week. The teams total over all points (in dog bones) throughout the month earn them the opportunity to take Arty, the bulldog back to their class for a month. They LOVE it.
Ooh, those precious dog bones...
So the first project was fun and turned out cute. It was hard to start out right away with a painting project. It was a lot of hard work. Classroom management was an absolute must and TONS of cleaning. But I'm glad I jumped in with this project, I know I can handle anything now.Next week's projects are going to be so fun (and cute) I'm pretty excited to see how the kids do.


3 comments:
What a fun job! I wish my kids could have you for an art teacher. I bet you are great.
Glad to hear you love'n your job! Teaching art is one of the best jobs out there. Hoo Ray for loving your job!
Minimatisse.blogspot.com
Jo-
CUTE CUTE CUTE I love the bulldog idea. and the snowman and everything. I am glad you are enjoying your job!!!!
Post a Comment