Well, I guess it is about time to update family and friends on what Deryk and I have been brewing up for the past month.
Deryk and I have been talking a lot about our future lately. I graduate next year and Deryk would be starting the education program here at ISU this semester, so naturally we've been pondering what we want for our family and out of life. I was some what worried about Deryk persuing his degree here at ISU because the program is going through some not-so-positive changes and it seemed as though Deryk wasn't really all that thrilled about his prospective future in teaching math. When ever Deryk and I have talked about it he has expressed a desire to teach more of a vo-tech program, but ISU doesn't offer that program here. We looked into it, and found the program that fits into Deryk's interests perfectly! But it is offered at USU which offers a few obstacles we have had to consider and decide if it is worth persuing. Ultimately we decided to just move forward, put in applications and see what financial aid, grants and programs we could get some help from. So a month later and we found out last night that Deryk has been accepted into the Engineering program at USU where he can persue a degree in Engineering Technology education. He has been so super excited about the program ever sense we found it! Which makes me thrilled as ever.
So we have had to make some changes in our near future plans, but we look forward, with great anticipation, to the adventure that lies ahead of us!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Don't you just love a new adventure? I won't lie in saying that I will miss you guys living in Pokey someday, but they are selfish reasons. Logan isn't that far away really, and one perk is that there is the temple there. Yay. I miss that temple.
The main thing is for you guys to be happy and it sounds like things are working out so you might as well go full speed ahead.
Love ya tons!
Yippee! Logan Rocks!
Post a Comment