Thursday, May 7, 2009

Totally Lovin It!

So Deryk put in a fire pit in our backyard a few weeks ago (he made it out of a dryer or washer part) and I just have to say how much we love it! We have been using it every chance we get! We invited the Pocatello Simper crew and Stephen and Sarah (they live in Blackfoot, which is only 20min away) to a Family Night and roasted Hotdogs (of course, its not a Simper family event without hotdogs). Then Deryk and I used it to roast marshmallows for our own little family night and since then it has been used over and over again with Rachel's and Debbi's kids and with deryk's brother Braden and Joe (Deryk's dad) to make smores. So needless to say, in the few short weeks we've had it, it has been used very well and quite often. I'm glad Deryk is so inventive and acts on his good ideas, even when I'm not so sure about them ;).

Here are some pictures of us enjoying Deryk's inventive fire pit.




1 comment:

gail said...

oh i LOVE firepits! we used to have one at a couple different homes we lived in. but we've found with joe that firepits and joe don't mix, so we have had to abandon firepits from our homes. maybe someday when he's grown we can have another one ...

enjoy! and good going, deryk!!!