Tuesday, March 24, 2009

5k Blowout!!

Literally!
So we did it, we ran the 5k this past weekend in Idaho Falls. First of all it should be said that my nephew, Trevor is absolutely amazing!!! He did a great job and ran as though it was no big nothing! He completed the race with wings on his feet and really showed us all up!
As for me...
Well, I woke up in the night a few times feeling terrible, but thought it was nervousness for my first 5k. So I thought eventualy that it would go away and all would be well, and there was no way I was going to look like a woose by backing out at the last minute. So off we went to Idaho Falls.
The race began and off we went....3 miles and 27 minutes later, Trevor is flying throught the finish line...with no Jo insight!!! Ya, well, I did finish, though much later than Trevor. Let's just say it was a bumpy three miles for me. when I did finish I was just thrilled that it took me just barely less than 40min--I fealt like I had been out there for ETERNITY. Anyway I'm glad I went and finished despite it all.
The rest of the story...
I came down with the STOMACH FLU!
Oh well, I can only get better from here...
The start of the race. (Trevor, Debbi, and I are the runners farthest to the left)
By-the-way Trev, I had a great time despite the absolutely disgusting feeling and series of events that took place...can't wait til the next one.

6 comments:

The Super Meyer 5 said...

Jo, You did great I am so glad that you decided to run the race with Trevor. Like you say, you can only get better from here and you did pretty great to start with. You are awesome!

The Horton Family said...

Good job Jo! Way to stick it out! I'm still not brave enoough for that... :)

Unknown said...

oh,I'm so sorry Jo. the stomach flu is the worst. But way to go actually getting out there and doing it. You are amazing!

Lin said...

Good for you! I don't think I could have completed it even if I was totally healthy! You should be very proud of yourself.

Holly said...

Congrats on your 5K! Sounds like you had fun, too bad about the stomach flu! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lindy said...

Way to go JO! I am now entering my eighth month of pregnancy, and I feel like I ran a 5k when I go up the stairs a few times.