Thursday, September 18, 2008

She's Tired, He's Tired, We're All Exhausted. But Life has Never Been Better


So whenever Deryk or I talk to anyone and they ask us how things are going they always ask us if we are getting any sleep. Anyone who has ever had a new born baby in thier home knows sleep is a valuable commodity, a non-renewable resource, making it's way to the endangered species list! Although I miss a good night's rest, which I haven't really had the opportunity to enjoy for the last 4 months--who can really get a good nights rest with an 8 pound baby sitting on your bladder? I must confess, despite the drought of sleep, life has never been better! We love our little Grace. She is worth the many hours of longed-for sleep. We really enjoy the simple, sweet moments having a baby in the home has brought us. We realize what a gift our Grace is, and how lucky we are to be given the opportunity to be parents. SO whenever I yearn for a full night's rest or feel as though I'm going to go absolutely insane if Grace continues to cry for even a second longer, I remind myself about all the sweet and tender moments she has already been a part of and how she has brought our little family closer together.

2 comments:

Lawrensons said...

she has her dad's cheeks.

Sheena said...

You are such a wonderful mommy!!!! Now that you have Grace in your life I hope I am still a close second in your list of favorite peeps!!!! Grace is so cute I wish I could squeeze her!!!