Friday, June 14, 2013

A New Adventure ... If you call settling down an adventure.

Deryk Graduated May 4th with his bachelors in Engineering Technology Education, this means he can now teach a lot of cool classes for grades 6-12.
 It was a great day for this family! We have been looking forward to this day for almost 6 years!
Yes, it took him 6 years to graduate, but that is because he changed majors and transferred from ISU to USU and the program he transferred to required 4 years to complete. Poor Deryk had to start all over again. It was as if the two years of college he had already completed were completely useless! Poor guy! Though, I'm glad he went to ISU first or we would never have met! So really a major positive out of that sitch!
So what now? Well, Deryk and I decided we really wanted to teach in the same district. So in March we  both applied to MANY school districts. In April we interviewed a TON. We worried! We stressed! We wondered if we were ever going to find the perfect jobs for us! We had a job offer and turned it down. It was a scary thing to do, but it just didn't feel like the right job for us. So we took a leap of faith, believing that it was the right thing to do. We interviewed some more. We stressed a ton more! We worried we made the wrong decision to turn down a job.
Finally, the day before Deryk was to graduate we had both secured a job! Sweet relief! This is how it all went down. On Wednesday, May 1st, I was offered a job teaching at Roberts Elementary (close to Rigby) but I couldn't give an answer until I knew whether or not Deryk would be offered a job at the high school in Rigby. Lucky for us, my future principal called the Rigby High School principal and asked her to hurry the interviews along. By Friday morning May 3rd, Deryk had a Scype interview and a job offer! We knew this was the job we had been waiting for. We both accepted that very day.
When Deryk marched into graduation our hearts were full! We were joyous! We were finally done with the student family thing, we had jobs awaiting us, it was a GREAT day.
So our new adventure is to finally settle down after six crazy years of student life. We are looking for a house in Rigby or Idaho Falls. We are excited to start a new life as teachers instead of students. The future looks bright and we couldn't be more grateful for the time we have had to learn, grow, struggle, and support each other in our schooling. I truly believe it has made us stronger, more in love, and definitely more appreciative of our education.
I know we have much to be grateful for because of the love and care of our Father in Heaven. I know He loves us, I know He made all things possible for us to overcome and accomplish. I know we could not be looking forward to such a happy future if it weren't for His care and blessings. We truly are blessed.

No comments: