Monday, October 25, 2010

Another Pumpkin Carving Post

This is the first time we've carved pumpkins as a family since Deryk and I have been married! We had a great time and look forward to keeping up the tradition now that at least one of our kiddos is old enough to enjoy it.
This was Grace's favorite part, gutting the pumpkins!

This is how Deryk (our industrial engineer) prepares to carve pumpkins!


Grace began helping, but she preferred playing in the pumpkin guts. So while I slave away over her pumpkin, she played in guts.
Even Seth was in on the action.
Grace got to help Daddy with his finishing touches...check out his finished product below.
Deryk's Pumpkin just isn't feeling to well!
Grace's and Seth's pumpkins below, in Grace's we carved stars and in Seth's we carved a little boy and stars,


All lit up! I carved our family in my pumpkin (top right).
One tradition Deryk and I do have for the halloween season is Hot Pumpkin Nog. It is soooo delicious. If your interested, I'd be happy to email the recipe...it is never disappointing!

Happy Halloween Everyone! Have a safe and fun Halloween!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

definitely email me that recipe...I would have some major brownie points in my husband's book if you did.