Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Deryk's Spring Break Project

It is Deryk's Spring break (yay for him--Lucky him!!). But of course, he can't just relax with nothing to do, Deryk has to have a project to keep him busy (can be both a good and a bad thing at times). I had told him a few weeks ago that I would like a bench for our kitchen table, mostly because I get tired of pushing in chairs all the time--my OCD can't stand them to be out from under the table--LAME... just get over it, Joanna...right!!? Well, anyway, i picked out a bench I like online, and happened to find a beauty at pottery Barn

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/benchwright-bench/popup/more-views.html

I Loved it and the Whole set it goes with. You can find the whole set here:

http://www.potterybarn.com/pbimgs/rk/images/dp/products/201012/0065/img66m.jpg

Someday, I would like to have the whole nice set, built by Deryk, of course! After all who can afford to spend over 300.00 smackeroos on a bench??? Not Me! so here is Deryks completed project


Doesn't it look great!! I'm so grateful for a husband who's motto is, "I can make that for less than I can buy that!" (Really that is probably Deryk's most commonly said phrase and I adore him for it). Thanks for the bench Deryk, hope you're ready for the next challenge of the Pottery Barn table and Dining Server. (You don't have to get started right away, I'll let you have the rest of your spring break to yourself...maybe!)

2 comments:

:) said...

Hey Joanna! I love that your hubby built this! It is awesome! You should check out this blog knockoffwood.blogspot.com. She has some great things to build. Also I love that you got your washer from Hooker Appliance. My hubby and I used to live in Logan and every time we would drive by, we would read their sign "Big and Friendly Hooker!" Always made us laugh! Good times! This is Natalee Smith by the way! :)

Sue said...

Way to go Deryk! You really have a talent for this kind of thing. You have many talents in many areas. Oh, do I sound like a proud mom? haha That is because I am!