Now, many of you know Deryk and know that he's pretty handy. And he is. He had already repaired the darn thing once before, a week or two previous to this disaster, but there wasn't much he could do about a slowly dying machine! It was just a matter of time. So today, out of desperation, we went on the hunt. The search for a new washer was the first priority on our things to do list. We went to Hookers Appliance, a small community owned place near Smithfield. Having been a former employee of such a place in Pocatello for three years, Deryk feels it is best to always try these places first. Lucky for us, they were having a washer/dryer sale AND a ding and dent sale. We found one for 300 dollars off! CHACHING!! PLUS, while we were there, Deryk was asking all the questions and sounding all know-it-all which made the saleswoman inquire further about where he got his wisdom. When she found out Deryk had worked for a place like theirs before doing delivery and what-not, she immediately called the owner of the place over. Long story short, Deryk ended this day pulling up to our house in the Hooker's delivery van!! Yep, he was out pulling a two hour shift to see if it would work out. AND to sweeten the deal, they gave us another 75 dollars off--way to welcome a perspective/new employee!!!
So now, I'm making my way through the massive pile of laundry that grew while we were washerless and feeling oh so grateful for a large capacity washer that is making its way through this overwhelming pile in world record timing!! YAY for fresh and clean clothes!!
I think our desperation for a new washer was actually a blessing in disguise for us! Deryk has really hated working as a night custodian and welcomes a new job where he can be home with his family at night. And boy, does that make me happy as well!


4 comments:
What a neat story. It is amazing the way things turn out. I am glad you have a new washer and can have clean clothes.
Love LOVE the bench, so impressive, I must say! Big plus on the washer/dryer/job combo! and I read you're doing your student teaching. Wow, big step, and how exciting! Are you going to teach, or just have the degree just in case? Reading your post took me back to my student teaching days...oy!
The Lord truly know what we need when we need it! Something to bear in mind when trials come our way! I'm so happy for your blessings!
I love this story! It is amazing what each day can have in store for us. I can just picture in my mind how this all worked out that day! That is awesome~~
Post a Comment