Sunday, December 28, 2008

First Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year! We stayed home, took a very long nap, and just enjoyed the day without having any obligations or places to be. It was truly Deryk's and my Christmas wishes come true. Grace got some cute things for Christmas, and although she is not old enough to really get the whole present thing, I had a great time enjoying them for her. So this is what Gracie got for Christmas this year...Santa left this cute little horse for Gracie (Santa came early this year, we had it set up about a week before Christmas, so that we could see if Grace would like her Christmas present, She does, and because I was to impatient to wait for Christmas to give it her).
Grandma and Grandpa Simper gave Grace this sweet little doll, Grace loves to chew on it!
Deryk and I gave her this beatiful dress! Red is a great color for Grace!
And in Grace's stalking, was this cute bunny chew-toy, as you can see, it fullfills it's purpose nicely!

This is deffinately a smart child, after all the christmas morning fun was over and done with, Grace reached for the chocolate! Yep, that's going to be an addiction she'll fight with all her life, just like mommy!

9 comments:

The Horton Family said...

Nice call on the chocolate Gracie!! You are bringing her up right! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

hey!
im so glad that people actually look at my blog now! i like blogging but i did it for no reason for a long time. not now.
grace is so cute! i wish i could see you guys more often. but for now at least we can stay in touch this way.

~much love,
shaneece

gail said...

love the red dress! ahh, the choc addiction. dont' fight it, i say. indulge yourself, gracie =)

so are you ready for next semester? mike is looking at textbooks today. he's bored with all this time off!!

some days it makes me want to go back to school. but i don't want to have to pay back the student loans it would take to make it happen.

Jenna said...

I can NOT believe that is your Uncle Mike! You can tell him he sure brings a lot of joy to the kids around here. He's great. And what beautiful pictures of your family! I hope your holidays were as wonderful as you are!!!!!!

Lin said...

I am glad that the three of you had a great Christmas. Gracie looks adorable..love the new dress!! Berni got a kick out of Gracie's new bouncer!!!

The Super Meyer 5 said...

That red dress is beautiful on Gracie. Don't kids make Christmas so much nicer? It looks like Gracie had a great Christmas!

sambrael said...

She definitely looks good in red! What a sweetie!

Sue said...

Aren't the holidays great! I am so glad that we were able to spend some time with you guys. Gracie is so much fun. It was awesome to have my two girlie girls together. I am so lucky! I thought the New Years party went well. Loved the fondue! I just tried the hot chocolate mix. Very good. Thanks for your gifts and for staying awhile. I loved every minute of it.

Wendy Hegerhorst said...

Hi Joanna,
What a wonderful Christmas. As a kid when your parents wanted to take a nap on Christmas you thought they were crazy didn't you! My favorite Christmas now is kids home playing games and eating good food and lots of sleep. Oh and I agree with Grace lots and lots of chocolate.