So in an attempt to catch up on our blog journal here are a few happenings to document.
Valentine's Day 2013:
I made this sweet valentine for my dearest and sweetest Valentines! Brownie cupcake. Delish to the max!
Valentines candlelit dinner. Always a family tradition. (check Grace's hair out! She did it herself)
Cheers!
February 2013 at bedtime:
Grace declares she is ready for bed! I wish you could see that she has tied that blanket on and has put her two favorite babies in her homemade belt. She honestly thinks she is going to go to bed like this, but as soon as she is snug in between the covers, she realizes it's not the most comfy situation she is in. She immediately looses this get up and ends up sleeping in the shirt and her undies with he babies snuggled closed to her.
January snow play:
We have had a lot of snow this year! Actually, that is an understatement! We have had a TON of snow this year! Fortunately, we have a very nice snow hill in our neighborhood. It is perfect for our small children! And it is always being enjoyed by the neighborhood kids.
I snapped these pictures from our door, so they are a little blurry, but I couldn't resist taking pictures on this snowy day as I watched Deryk with Grace and Seth playing in the snow.
Seth doesn't care much for sledding, but when he is in the snow he becomes like a little puppy, crawling and rolling in the snow. He just loves it!Deryk is carrying his homemade sled that he made...and BROKE in his attempt to race the neighborhood teenagers down the hill. They got a good laugh...Deryk got a good bruise to his ego!
Look at those rosey cheeks!
Little snow babies! Time to come in!
Seth's kitchenAid Add:
A few years ago I posted pictures of grace licking the kitchenAid beaters. I couldn't help take these picture of Seth trying to get at the cookie dough on the still-attached beaters.
Christmas Dress Clothes:
Grace and Seth in their spiffy new church clothes that they got from Santa. Santa has a good eye, and very good tastes when it comes to dressing my kids for church...at least I think so.
Christmas Eve 2012:
Our Christmas Eve traditions usually include a little shopping, a matinee at a movie theater, and dinner at a restraunt. But this year we were going to go to LesMis with my family the day after Christmas so we waited to go to the movies until we were with family. (Deryk was going to take the kids to the Gaurdians while the adults went to the other movie).
So on Christmas Eve morning we went over to Braden (Deryk's brother) and Suzi's to do a little sledding. It was a beautiful morning! It snowed all day, it was fitting for a Christmas Eve.
Then off we went to go shopping, which I just love to do on Christmas Eve because of the huge crowds! I love the excitement and how busy everyone is, the energy just gets to me! So we shopped. Deryk helped Seth get a present for Grace, and I helped Grace find a present for Seth. Then we had sandwiches from Jimmy Johns and went home to make cookies for Santa while Deryk finished one of Seth's Christmas presents (a wooden barn).
Grace wrote her own name, she just keeps getting better at writing it all the time!
Christmas pajamas. We open them on Christmas Eve.
Now off to bed so Santa can come and do his thing!
AND HE DID! Boy did he do his thing!
Just check out the fun he made happen;
Oh wait, before we get to all the fun Santa left, I have to tell this story. I was wrapping the gifts Deryk and I had gotten for the children, when I felt as though I was being watched. I spied this little man (sleeping on my bed) spying on me. It was just so cute! I wonder what he was thinking as he sat there silently watching me wrap all the goodies that would soon be his. I couldn't even be mad he was watching me! It actually brought a huge smile to my heart to see this sweet little boy!
Now onto Christmas morning:
Santa brought scooters! It was all that Grace and Seth asked for! So I'm glad Santa was willing to make their Christmas dreams come true!
Oh...this is a little out of order! This is what we woke up to. This tree was so huge (we borrowed it from my parents) it was a little overwhelming in our tiny little apartment! But it is such a beautiful tree! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting is use it this Christmas!
Back to the scooters. They just had to take them for a test drive the very minute they were open.
Seth wanted a doggy for a Christmas...a real one! He got this Fur-real puppy instead. HE LOVES IT!
I bought these dolls for Grace way back in July! I just loved them when I saw them at a craft fair at Bear Lake. I knew the second I saw them they would be Grace's!
Seth got a pirate Lala loopsy. Having a sister for a best friend is hard when you don't get some of the same toys to play with. Deryk wasn't thrilled I bought him a doll, but how could I say no to my sweet boy who just wanted to play dolls with his big sister. At least it's a boy doll!
Santa wrote back! If you can't see, he told Grace and Seth that he gave Rudolph the orange, which Grace thought was just so funny and she is still talking about this! (still means Feb 28th)
He just couldn't go on! He was so tired he fell asleep right in the middle of playing!
It was a super fun Christmas! We were supposed to go to Newdale on Christmas Day, but it had been snowing since Christmas Eve morning and we thought it would be safer to just stay home. So we had a quiet day filled with play and movie watching (we had to watch the new movies we got for Christmas). With all the snow we never made it to my parent's house or to the movie with my family in Pocatello. But we still had a great Christmas. I can't wait until next year (I think we will be in a bigger home and the tree my parents gave us will fit a lot better and will look beautiful instead of imposing)! Christmas really is the very best time of year, and I miss it already!


No comments:
Post a Comment