Sunday, August 28, 2011

A New School Year and a New Job

The new School year began on Wednesday, August 22nd for me. I have a new job this school year, I am teaching 3rd grade at Oakwood Elementary in Preston! Two days into this year and I am loving it! The faculty and staff are great, and so friendly! I feel so accepted and supported by them.
 I admit, I had a small panic attack the day before school began and I wasn't even finished prepping my room and lesson plans. But I reminded myself that I had help, that I wouldn't be alone, I have a supportive husband and family, my mentor (SOOO grateful for the mentor program), friends, co-workers, and a lot of faith, to get me through whatever this year may bring.  So here's to a new school year. I am looking forward to having structure and a schedule in my home again. It is going to be a busy year, but I have come up with some things that I think will get us through the busy and hectic days with a little less pain and frustration. I think I will share them in another post...if I have time.
The entrance to my classroom. 

Have a great school year to all students and parents of students!

4 comments:

gail said...

so excited for you! you'll do great and that is wonderful you have a mentor to help you out. have a great year! i can't wait for joe to go back, not til sept 7th! accckkk--late, huh?

jeffandbecca said...

Wow, I went to Oakwood Elementary in Preston for half of 3rd and half of 4th. I love Preston, both of my Grandparents live there. You will be such a wonderful 3rd grade teacher, those students are lucky!

Sue said...

Preston Idaho is lucky to have you as part of their staff!!!! I bet the kids adore you!!!!

Sue said...

Preston is so lucky to have you for a teacher!!!! You are the best!!!! What lucky kiddo's!!!