Monday, August 24, 2009

Sniff, Sniff, Wiping a Tear for Summer Past!

Can anyone actually tell me how you spell Teer or tear? They both look wrong to me and I'm to lazy to find our dictionary that has been bannished to some unknown box!
Anyway, today is the last day of summer vacation. I'm almost crying so hard I'm convulsing! Oh how I mourn the loss of our summer! It has been a great one though! We accomplished so much! Here is a short summer check list
  • Finished the siding on our house
  • Finished Painting and trimming both bedrooms
  • Grew a garden (we did it, but we weren't very persistant about weeding and things got a little out of hand in the last month or so)
  • Re-cemented our front porch
  • Re-tiled our bathroom floor (I will be painting the bathroom soon!)
  • took and passed three major tests needed to graduate
  • Completed 12 credits
  • Camped
  • Went on lots of fun bike rides--my favorite is still the one from Pomerell to Malta
  • Spent lots of time with family and met up with old friends that I've been missing
  • and finally, prepared for a new school year!

(HUGE thanks to Joe (Deryk's Dad) for helping us accomplish our summer "to do" whish list!)

Yep, it's been a great summer! I'll miss our summer vacation, but I look forward to this school year! With it brings a closing of an era for me! At the end of the next nine months I will be a college graduate! I will no longer be the student but can finally take my place as an educator. SO with that, I look forward to this new school year that will bring adventures in moving, a new program and school for Deryk, and Student teaching for me! Its going to be a great year--I can feel it in my aging student bones!

Good luck to all of you who are students, have students, or are starting new and exciting carreers! I'll see you on the flip side (if I survive)!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Summers are the best! You guys accomplished so much this summer!!! Way to go! I feel like crying when my summer is over and I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. haha
Good luck with selling your home! I feel it happening before to long. I am proud of your guys.